Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Yellowstone day 9

Yellowstone day 9
Please go to day 1 first. Friday morning our last day. Up at 4:00 A.M. to get ready to make one last trip into Lamar Valley. Ten of us took the optional trip, four chose to make one trip to the Mammoth Terrace. The pictures tell the story at Lamar, just an opportunity to say good-bye. It is if we have a new friend, a new friend I knew I will visit again.
Then it is load up the Van and the two hour ride to Bozeman and the seven hour (time change) flight to Raleigh.
Some final thoughts. I will end as I started. If you are an NC educator I highly recommend this experience, professionally and personally. Start searching the NC Museum of Natural Science website in January for your application. I can truly call it a life-changing-experience professionally and personally.
Our leaders Mike Dunn and Melissa Dowland are true examples of professionalism, leadership, excellent planning, flexibility. We were extremely fortunate to have had them with us, and I thank them from the bottom of my heart.
My roommate Scott could not have made it easier to share a room. Helpful, pleasure, and knowledgable, I could not ask for more.
My teammates, Amy H. and Karen were just great, the absarokas rocked. Thank you for doing most of the work. The Burke County two were hard to beat.
The rest of the group Amy D., Becky, Diane, Sarah, Priscilla, Beth, and Deb, thank you all for being who you are and allowing me to be a part.
My talking partner has literally changed my life. No matter what the future brings I will be eternally grateful. I plan though on doing all within my power to one-day-at-a-time keep Susan as my talking partner.
Keep checking back for I will be getting picture from everyone on the team and I will be publishing those, unless someone ask me not to. Their cameras were a lot better than my point and shoot. They have much closer shoots of the wolves, bears, elks etc. Let me hear from you.
Take a deep breath, get some rest, and let's go educate some NC youth.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

2nd try, don't think the first worked... Hey Tracy! Excellent job on the blog and photos! It was fun to look through all of them! Must have taken a lot of work and good memory skills too! Let me know when you and your "talking partner" want to come kayak with your Burke county Absaroka partner! Haha! Soon I hope! I had lunch with Priscilla when I was in Asheville yesterday, and we looked through the pictures there too! Miss everyone and Yellowstone itself! Talk to you soon! - Amy H
(ps... change "flocks" to "phlox", the flower, somewhere in there! :)

Unknown said...

Hey Tracy,

Great job with the blog, it's nice to hear someone else's perspective on the trip and I think I had already forgotten some of the stuff you mentioned! Enjoyed all your pictures, I'm working on organizing mine and will send you a link when I'm done. Take care,
Sarah

Unknown said...

Tracy, it has been wonderful to take the trip again,this time through your eyes...it was a truly incredible experience, and it was a pleasure to meet you!!! Miss everyone, and can't wait to see you all in October!